Product test - online or offline?
A product test provides answers to the following questions:
- Does the packaging appeal to the customer?
- Does the product have the required features?
- How do people rate the product's design?
- What emotions does the product evoke?
- Is the price attractive for the customer?
- What sales potential exists in the market?
In some situations - for example, if the feel of the product is a key criterion - there is no replacement for a product test conducted as a field experiment. Nevertheless, an online product test offers some important advantages and can be particularly useful in scenarios where an on-screen conceptual and audio-visual assessment of a product is sufficient.
The main advantages are the opportunity to survey a substantially larger representative sample together with time and cost savings in comparison with other commonly used field methods. Product tests can provide useful insights in a wide variety of situations. For example, prior to a product launch or relaunch, you can verify
- whether your product has all the features the potential buyer requires
- whether the price is attractive for the customer - or determine the sales potential for the product at a given price
- what packaging would particularly appeal to the buyer.
We will be happy to carry out an online product test for you. Our Consulting team looks forward to your call.
Product tests - with Rogator
As a well-known provider of online surveys, and reflecting our focus on this data collection method, we will be happy to conduct a complete online product test for you. If you choose this option, we will work closely with you to design the survey and define your research objectives, to leverage not only our wealth of methodological and technical know-how, but also your expertise, experience and industry knowledge. We will also be happy to help you select, compile and contact a suitable sample group. This sample can be derived from your customer data or we can compile a sample tailored precisely to your needs in terms of regional distribution or required attributes (e.g. age, gender, status). We work with all the best-known panel suppliers and will select the most appropriate partner for your specific situation.
Depending on your requirements, we can harness the multimedia potential of modern online media (e.g. Flash animations, video clips, 3D presentations) in tests.
We will be happy to visit your offices to discuss this in person. We look forward to your call.